Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
AUD STUDY GROUP
 CPAnet Forum : AUD STUDY GROUP
Subject Topic: Memorizing Reports (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nita
Contributor
Contributor

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 15:27 | IP Logged  

CPA N2009 wrote:
qdmcgraw wrote:
. . . The key to reports is to study SMARTER not HARDER.  . . .

. . . Straight memorization is not only a waste of time, impractical, but worst of all, ineffective - because instead of equipping yourself with a pallet to paint a picture during the exam, you're going to end up trying to recall a photocopy. . . .

I really appreciate all the help people offer on this forum. It is a great source to get answers and to vent when frustrated with study.

I just wish we would all remember, very one studies a different way. It is great to give your opinion on how you study - you don't have to agree with other people's ways they study. But please don't "bash" them just because you don't agree.

I sure if I told how I studied, and I have given indications other places on the forum. People scratch their heads and say "Man, they are not spending their time wisely"  Lucky for me, they have kept those comments to themselves. I have a hard enough task before me to pass the CPA - I need encouragement not someone tell me I'm doing it wrong.

If it was an answer to a problem - by all means - give the correct answer - but when it comes to preferences and opinions - please don't put down someone else's way of doing something. We all do things differently. We are all adults - we can decided if it will work for us or not - we don't need someone yelling to the whole forum that how we study is a waste of time. All that does is cause energy that could be used for study to go to defending how one's opinion works for them.  Just my 2 cents.

Hey cpan2009,

I just started AUD..And I just can't focus..it's so dull,boring..what's ur approach if u don't mind sharing?

Back to Top View nita's Profile Search for other posts by nita

pres2112
Regular
Regular

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 13:09 | IP Logged  

What I have been doing to study for AUD is to relate it to my auditing internship to make it stick more and to make it more understandable. I will read something and think ahh...so that is why I was doing this or that and this is the purpose of it. That is what I have been doing to make it more interesting and also understand the material so that I can apply it better.
Back to Top View pres2112's Profile Search for other posts by pres2112

FloridaFun

Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 15:35 | IP Logged  

This was a very helpful thread, thank you for the spreadsheet and to the person who posted the neumonics (sp), I'm using Gleim, and it doesnt offer helpful tips like this.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 11
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version