Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Career Talk
 CPAnet Forum : Career Talk
Subject Topic: Opinion on accounting courses at LSU? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
HillbillyLawyer
Contributor
Contributor

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 19:54 | IP Logged  

I have 18 semester hours through LSU's distance learning program (15 ACCT; 3 FIN).

I provide LSU the information regarding my proctor (name, position, school, address, etc.) and LSU, upon my completing and submitting the last lesson the upcoming test will cover, sends an exam packet to my proctor.  That is, if Exam I covers the material in the first 5 lessons, upon submission of the lesson 5 homework, LSU sends out the exam packet.

In my situation, I use a Resource Coordinator at a local college campus.  LSU allows approximately 30 days from the time they send the exam packet to the proctor for you to contact the proctor and arrange to take the exam.  If the proctor has not heard from you within the 30 days, the proctor returns the exam to LSU.  30 is generally ample time to study/review, and pick a convenient date to go in and take the exam.

Keep in mind, "on-line" is something of a misnomer in the context of LSU's program in that it is NOT asynchronous learning with streaming video of lectures, interaction with classmates, etc. other aspects of true on-line classes I've had.  On-line these days generally means "virtual."  In LSU's context, the only thing on-line entails (at least with the classes I've had) is you can find directions as to what chapts. to read, what questions to answer, a few paragraphs about the highlights of the lesson, and submit your lesson.

If you have an ACCT degree and are merely looking to attain the 150 hours, you likely have had most (probably not all) of LSU's ACCT offerings.  If so, they have numerous other courses as well--math (all the way up to some pretty heavy duty stuff); foreign language (about 15 - 20 hrs in each of 3 or 4 languages); social "sciences;" broad selection of disciplines represented in course offerings.

Back to Top View HillbillyLawyer's Profile Search for other posts by HillbillyLawyer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version