Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
FAR STUDY GROUP
 CPAnet Forum : FAR STUDY GROUP
Subject Topic: FAR Study Plan Talk (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
cpanet
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 22:31 | IP Logged  

Welcome to FAR Study Plan Talk!

This is the place where you can put your FAR study plan in writing and put it in action.  Talk about your broad-range plans for tackling FAR as well as your nitty-gritty day-to-day study plans.  Compare and contrast with others about what works/worked for them and help each other "tweak" study plans accordingly.

Don't forget to check out the forum's area on Study Tools & Review Programs...that's the place where you can discuss, compare & contrast review programs, books and software.  You can find it here.
http://www.cpanet.com/cpa_forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=4

Good Luck with your Studies!
CPAnet

brins
Contributor
Contributor

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 10:54 | IP Logged  

Hi all,

Just found out that I am done with my exam.

This is my story...

I started taking my exams from 2006. I had to take each exam 3 times in order to pass it. If you see my scores I had a lot of 71's. Every time I failed, I used to feel so terrible going back to my books  and starting all over again. And it was very difficult to study while I was working, I used to work for a tax firm and u can imagine the hours we work at a tax firm. Every time i fail my husband used to feel so dissapointed but still he would encourage me to take the exam again. My mom always says never give up on anything you do.

My husband and family are very proud of me.

Finally it has paid for me.

I want to share my success startegy with all u guys.

1) understand the concepts from book. (Sometimes we read through it and think we understood, make sure u really understand it.)

2)Do MCQ's repeatedly

3) Write down all the mcq's that u got wrong ( I tend to forget soon, this helped me a lot)

4) Write down all important points and formulas from each chapter (This will help you when you  do last minute revision i.e. may be 3 hours before exam.)

5) For communication part write down a format , beg, middle and ending paragraphs, so psycholigically u know that u can  write something, while u start writing ur thoughts  will flow automatically and u can finish the communication section. If u have time search in the research section , if ur lucky u may find something.

5) Never give up. If you fail i know that we all get disappionted, take little time to recover from  it but never give up what you want to do in life.

I finally understand why it took me so many attempts. Coz with each attempt my perfection improved. If you do all of the above anyone can pass on first attempt.

Today I am not ashamed to put my scores here...

BEC - 59,71,71,79 (LOST ONE CREDIT SO TOOK AGAIN), 76

AUDIT - 64,71,71,82

REG-   64, 76

FARE - 50,49(I DIDNT PREPARE WELL, MY FAULT), 64,76

I used to come to this site and read all ur experinces, now its my time to give back what i got from u all.

Thanks,

Brins

Back to Top View brins's Profile Search for other posts by brins

CPA-hopeful
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 11:11 | IP Logged  

thanks for sharing.

ETHICS 95
AUD - 79 PASSED
Back to Top View CPA-hopeful's Profile Search for other posts by CPA-hopeful

ksnoopy

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 13:37 | IP Logged  

Great story!

I also want to thank those who attend these forums.  It sure helped to share our misery of this exam with others who share the same feelings and also to share the stories of success.

FAR 59,88
Back to Top View ksnoopy's Profile Search for other posts by ksnoopy

onecpachick

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 13:50 | IP Logged  

Thanks for sharing Brin.  I have a similar experience as well...I passed all three parts...then credits all expired due to a medical condition and I've since been struggling to pass all four parts within the allowable time period.  I had to retake AUD and BEC twice to regain my credit status and today I am jumping for joy today when I realizes I am DONE!!!

to Everyone who's still studying - DON'T GIVE UP!!!

REG 77 08/07 Wiley/Becker
Back to Top View onecpachick's Profile Search for other posts by onecpachick

Page of 54 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version