Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
FAR STUDY GROUP
 CPAnet Forum : FAR STUDY GROUP
Subject Topic: my exp. on Far. 26/feb/2010 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
pearljam10
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 22:32 | IP Logged  

Did you think your testlets were harder on the second and third compared 2 the first?  I had problems with 2 and three this time around.  When I took the test the first time.  i got creamed on testlet one.  How do you know if testlet 2 is Harder than the first?

Back to Top View pearljam10's Profile Search for other posts by pearljam10

Miamigirl81

Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 11:21 | IP Logged  

pearljam10 wrote:
I took far feb 26.  My test center was opened during the snow.  I had alot of calculations also.  I thought the first testlet was not 2 bad.  However, I got some wrong.  The second testlet and third testlet took alot of time for me.  I guessed on alot of them bc I was not going to get them anyway.  Sims were okay.  I could not figure out what they wanted me 2 do.  I assume they were pretest.  Not 100 sure.  Random topics on sims and mc.  That is the beauty of this test.  The random topics that they test.  You need to know everything.  LOL  I probally failed.  However,  I tried my best with three weeks of review time.  However, it was my second attempt. 

I totally agree.  I took FAR on 2/9 and spent lots of time on M/C calculations.  Seemed like 95% of the non-governmental questions required calculations!  And there were so many concepts I knew well that I wasn't tested on - ugghhh!!!  My sims were very random as well.

BEC - 77

Back to Top View Miamigirl81's Profile Search for other posts by Miamigirl81

mayorQuimby

Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 17:22 | IP Logged  

I took this exam a week ago and had a very similar experience.  I found the M/C to be extremely difficult in comparison to the other two times I took this test.  Additionally, I had two tabs in one of my sims dealing with a concept that Becker nor my other study materials touched on...obv I'm hoping those were pretest.  Also, I had 4 M/C questions on a topic that Becker covers for about 2 pages, and my other materials do not cover at all.  During studying I had decided I'd skim that material and just assume it wouldn't be covered on the test.  Then I encounter an exam that covers a 2 page portion of Becker with 4 questions, yet doesn't hit a single piece of material from nearly 2 entire lectures.  It's just the nature of the beast, I guess.  The previous times I took the exam, I literally studied for one day and got a 67, then studied for 2 days a year later and got a 72.  This time I studied my rear end off for a month and feel worse about it than I did when I studied for 2 days and got a 72.

All that said, though, I've found you can never really tell how you did on these exams.  I've passed all 3 others and never felt like I passed a single time that I did.  Just have to wait and see.

Back to Top View mayorQuimby's Profile Search for other posts by mayorQuimby

robotech

Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 19:08 | IP Logged  

My first testlet I marked 2 or 3 to review, and still finished in about 40 mins, and then the second got way harder, I was very nervous about the timing and didnot mark any for review (gave up the idea of going back to review them due to time), just moved on to the third anyways after 45-50 mins, hoping a merciful third one, but no! third testlet appears a bit better but I feel just about the second, I did it in another 45 mins.

I completely guessed maybe 8-10 Qs and not comfortable with another maybe 20 Qs, rushed through Sims even I had 1:30 time on them, "finished" right at the last second of the exam(totally guessed 1 tab and left blank half of another tab.)

What are my chances?
Back to Top View robotech's Profile Search for other posts by robotech

CPA24
Regular
Regular

Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 09:28 | IP Logged  

I took the FAR on 1/9 and got an 83!!!  My exam actually had more conceptual questions than computational.  A lot of what I studied wasn't even on the exam and they really covered goodwill more than I expected.  My first testlet was easy and my second testlet was extremely difficult and took up a lot of my time.  My third testlet was a little more manageable than the second.  The first sim was very hard and the second was doable since I was more comfortable with the topic of cash flows.  I can honestly say I studied extremely hard for this exam and tried to cover every single topic.  I believe that's what it takes for most everyone to pass.  Don't feel down if you felt you didn't do well.  You really don't know until you get your score.
Back to Top View CPA24's Profile Search for other posts by CPA24

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version