Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
CPA Review Programs & Study Materials
 CPAnet Forum : CPA Review Programs & Study Materials
Subject Topic: Becker Scores vs. Actual Exam Scores (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
neuma1bm2
Contributor
Contributor

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 08:21 | IP Logged  

pearljam10 wrote:

67 on regs becker.  Actual exam  63.  The first tested of regs was very easy.  It is luck of draw with sims.  People pass bc they get sims that twere covered in review class.  My sims were not covered plus I was tired.  I lost interest in the test.  I did well on the mc questions

I don't know if I would agree with this.  The MC on the exam seems to be much more important when it comes to passing.  On this forum, people always say they didn't finish the SIMS and still passed. 

I personally focus more on getting the MC teslets (plus the communications tab) correct than the SIMS questions. 

FAR - 86
Back to Top View neuma1bm2's Profile Search for other posts by neuma1bm2

Futurepasser
Contributor
Contributor

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 17:24 | IP Logged  

People are doing this well on Becker PassMaster the first time through?  I typically score about 70% on the PassMaster questions my first time.  But that is immediately after viewing that portion of the lecture for the first time, without any additional studying.  After I go through the questions a couple more times and study some more, I'm able to get 95% or so.  Are these typical results?
Back to Top View Futurepasser's Profile Search for other posts by Futurepasser

gottobecpa
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 17:41 | IP Logged  

Thats dfntly a great score. I started with different scores ranging from 60% to 90% and after going thru all the chapters couple of time, I am making in high 80s in most of the topics. The score I think u make represents how much you have grasped, so if u r making 90%, that means, u have mastered 90% of the stuff and thats what u must be aiming at. Another way to evaluate yourself as to how much u have really learned is to do questions from some other databank other then becker. You should try cpareviewforfree, those are really tough questions and if u can do those easily, u r in super good shape.

All the best.

31-Aug-10-BEC-87 (unbelievable because studied the least for this, 15 days)
Back to Top View gottobecpa's Profile Search for other posts by gottobecpa

FC.CPA
Contributor
Contributor

Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 15:02 | IP Logged  

gottobecpa wrote:

Thats dfntly a great score. I started with different scores ranging from 60% to 90% and after going thru all the chapters couple of time, I am making in high 80s in most of the topics. The score I think u make represents how much you have grasped, so if u r making 90%, that means, u have mastered 90% of the stuff and thats what u must be aiming at. Another way to evaluate yourself as to how much u have really learned is to do questions from some other databank other then becker. You should try cpareviewforfree, those are really tough questions and if u can do those easily, u r in super good shape.

All the best.

I don't think that's true. Whatever you get on passmaster on your first try is what you know. doing those questions over and over again and getting 95% is pointless since by the time you do it twice or three times you actually know the answer and they don't even shuffle the choices, so you know exactly where it is. the % doesn't mean anything, it's up to you how much you actually understand it, not just getting 95% on the tests. i can go back and do passmaster questions over and over again and get 99% but that doesn't mean i understood EVERYTHING. yeah i do know most of the concepts and i know how to calculate it but some other questions i just know the right answer cuz i know which letter choice it is by heart. so % really doesn't make a difference.

that's what i think :)

BEC - 79
AUD - 79
FAR - 89
REG - 82
Ethics - Passed!
Certified - Nov 2010
Licensed - Feb 2011
Back to Top View FC.CPA's Profile Search for other posts by FC.CPA

killaking
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 22:57 | IP Logged  

i just did the supplemental in the cost section got a 52% i am really feeling crappy
Back to Top View killaking's Profile Search for other posts by killaking

<< Prev Page of 9 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version