Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
FAR STUDY GROUP
 CPAnet Forum : FAR STUDY GROUP
Subject Topic: Just took exam -- How do you think I did? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
chrispwns

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 15:03 | IP Logged  

The first testlet - pretty easy and I was feeling great--had visions of a 99 (lol). Marked 4-6 as iffy. (took 20 min)

The 2nd testlet - harder for sure, but I still had some visions of a 99. Problems were definitely harder and longer, but I feel I got most of them. Marked 5-8 as iffy. (took 30 min)

3rd testlet - WOW. I knew a large portion of them, but on 6-10 of them I was thinking I have no idea. I studied a lot too and averaged around 90% on Becker homework, so this was a surprise! Marked 8-10 as iffy. (took 50 min)

1st simulation - Very hard and on a topic I was not real strong on (also a minor topic). Did okay on a tab or two, but this was tougggggggh

2nd simulation -- easier and very straightforward. Writing was very short, but I answered it

So what do you think I should get? I feel bad because I have no idea how hard this is graded. I feel like I may have messed up a couple parts of the 1st sim totally.

This is my 2nd one to take (took Aud last week) and I am kinda hoping it is graded easier than I am thinking!! I need some motivation, as I am trying to pass all four of them in this window (Reg Aug 5th, BEC Aug 31st) and feel discouraged.

Thank you all in advance!
Back to Top View chrispwns's Profile Search for other posts by chrispwns

TechnicConcepts
Regular
Regular

Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 15:50 | IP Logged  

From the sounds of it, you did great. Esp. with the time you had left for your sims. Just a general question, what was the majority of your test? Was is it Becker's F2(rev recognition),F8(GOV),F9(GOV&NFP)? The reason I am asking is because I am scheduled to take the exam next month (AUG. 3rd) and I am fretting hardcore. Any help would be great!!

Back to Top View TechnicConcepts's Profile Search for other posts by TechnicConcepts

Futurepasser
Contributor
Contributor

Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 15:54 | IP Logged  

TechnicConcepts,

The AICPA does not allow discussions of what was on an exam.

Study everything.  They give weighings of what will appear on the exam and approximately how much of it. 

All of those categories you mentioned are pretty heavily tested.

Back to Top View Futurepasser's Profile Search for other posts by Futurepasser

TechnicConcepts
Regular
Regular

Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 16:04 | IP Logged  

Futurepasser,

Yeah sorry about that! It was stupid of me to ask that. Just getting a little koo-koo studying and worry about all this material. =/

Back to Top View TechnicConcepts's Profile Search for other posts by TechnicConcepts

chrispwns

Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 16:21 | IP Logged  

Technic,

It's pretty much everything. There are some things I wish they would have asked and there are some things I wish they wouldn't have asked. It's the nature of a 90 question test over that much material. All in all, a very comprehensive exam that was very tough.

Hopefully I can get over the fear that I did poorly and get on with my studying for REG!
Back to Top View chrispwns's Profile Search for other posts by chrispwns

Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version