Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
BEC STUDY GROUP
 CPAnet Forum : BEC STUDY GROUP
Subject Topic: Business Communication (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
acaboody

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 May 2011 at 08:20 | IP Logged  

I'm trying to understand why someone should be issued a CPA license if they cannot communicate effectively.  Business communications is part of the curriculum in college.  I don't know if there is any real suggestion but to practice your communication skills.  THEY ARE IMPORTANT! 

If you feel you don't need these to perform accounting duties professionally, you better get almost every question correct.  If no other portion of the CPA exam is difficult for you, then certainly the questions on the BEC should be a breeze, honestly.  I took the test with nothing more than the Wiley question bank, studied for 4 days and I was so suprised at the ease of the questions on the exam, I went through each one 3 times.  Of course, I haven't gotten the score back, and I know there have been suprises...but I'd be HIGHLY suprised if I failed that thing.

Back to Top View acaboody's Profile Search for other posts by acaboody

puckhead23
Contributor
Contributor

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:34 | IP Logged  

The BEC exam is weighted 85% MCQ and 15% written communication, so it's absolutely possible to pass without it.  To Acaboody's point, you should absolutely practice your communication skills regardless.  If you're planning to work in a country where English is the primary language, your career would be better served by improving your communication skills. 

With all of that said, your use of English seems decent enough that you're not going to get a 0 on the WCs.  I know many native English speakers that write more poorly than you.  Good luck!

BEC 08/20/11 - 84
NY CPA as of 10/13/11
Back to Top View puckhead23's Profile Search for other posts by puckhead23

AuthExecOut

Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 03:01 | IP Logged  

I agree with two above, if your writing skills are weak,
you will be fired from whatever job you are trying to get
with that CPA after they read your response to an email.
Back to Top View AuthExecOut's Profile Search for other posts by AuthExecOut

stressedout

Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 09:06 | IP Logged  

puckhead23 wrote:

The BEC exam is weighted 85% MCQ and 15% written communication, so it's absolutely possible to pass without it.  To Acaboody's point, you should absolutely practice your communication skills regardless.  If you're planning to work in a country where English is the primary language, your career would be better served by improving your communication skills. 

With all of that said, your use of English seems decent enough that you're not going to get a 0 on the WCs.  I know many native English speakers that write more poorly than you.  Good luck!

I'll keep it real ... a blank WC = failing score.   

REG -
Back to Top View stressedout's Profile Search for other posts by stressedout

allanarlen

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 15:51 | IP Logged  

Good business communication means that you need to send the message did not receive the intended recipient in any way distorted. This requires that all written communication in a concise and precise wording. Need to examine any accident the pairs entrendes sentence.
Back to Top View allanarlen's Profile Search for other posts by allanarlen

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version