Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
FAR STUDY GROUP
 CPAnet Forum : FAR STUDY GROUP
Subject Topic: Took examon may 29th (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic

Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
nita
Contributor
Contributor

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 31 May 2010 at 22:22 | IP Logged  

Hi all

Took exam on 29th...people here have said that if the testlet get increasingly difficult then it means that you are doing well on the questions attempted..

Well, my experience just indicates that I got lot of conceptual questions...And testlets didn't get any harder or easier...Simulations, one was fairly doable and other was one compeltely unthinkable and I bet many of the review coruses would not have more than 1 journal entry written in their text books..still imanged to write the essay and did the research part for both of the sims...I think the exam was easy based on all the posts I read here about other ppl..but still i don't have any chance of getting 75...

Back to Top View nita's Profile Search for other posts by nita

tobecpain2011
Contributor
Contributor

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 22:53 | IP Logged  

Yes, I almost had the same experience...First one was medium, second one was little more than medium but definately not hard and third one was medium....But, for me sims were difficult.......It was not from one specific topic...all the tabs were different on diff topics......1st sim was horrible...I was able to do only 1 and comm of all 5 tabs and in the second one, I did 1 tab, commn, research out of 5 tabs......I m not sure how did I do mca...I found most of the question based on concept......There were calculations questions as well but not time taking ones,........ 

Even I doubt the probability of getting 75....

Nita, which subject yor r planning to take next...I m shooting for BEC...

Naseem

Back to Top View tobecpain2011's Profile Search for other posts by tobecpain2011

greentea

Posted: 31 May 2010 at 23:21 | IP Logged  

I had the same experience too...... my first testlet was medium to hard,
testlet 2 is easy and testlet 3 is medium. Both of my sim were very hard
with many tabs contained different questions. I really think that I fail this
time because my testlet was not getting harder progressively. My first
testlet has a lot of calculation questions, but testlet 2 and 3 are more
focused on concept type questions.

REG PASS
Back to Top View greentea's Profile Search for other posts by greentea

venchlu
Major Contributor
Major Contributor

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 11:37 | IP Logged  

well, some thoughts about my experience of FAR-

First of all, my first testlet is the easiest one and it got harder when I proceeded to second and third and I would say , the third testlet is the hardest one for me.(I have around 8 questions checked for review on third testlet) In addition,  I would say concept and calculation questions are half and half for all three testlets.

Sim- The first simulation is doable -very straightforward. Second one is hard and all tabs are from different topics. I didn't find answer for the research question on my second simulation. Nailed both written communication. But majority my simulations are related to JEs...so please try to do JEs when you practice the questions on FAR.

I completed the whole test 20 mins eariler..I should have slowed down a bit doing MQCs...

PS. My test center (Worcester, MA) didn't have AC. It was extremely hot over there. Dress accordingly pls. I didn't know about it so I dressed with long T- shirt and pants. I regreted. Please call ur test center to see if AC is on or not. Temperature really can affect your mood and concentration. In the end, I couldn't even use the 20 minutes left for checking my answers. I felt overheated. My brain was dead that time so to speak.

Now is waiting game. Wish we all pass. I certainly don't know if I would pass or not. I never felt good walking out of the test center. This time -no exception. However, somehow I passed another two. So we will see.

Best of luck.

MA certified
FAR 94
Back to Top View venchlu's Profile Search for other posts by venchlu

nita
Contributor
Contributor

Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 15:05 | IP Logged  

Hi all,

Hope we all pass and move on..My next one is BEC..But I don't know whether to start studying for BEC or for FAR again...

Back to Top View nita's Profile Search for other posts by nita

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version